I love working with good leaders to help them become great leaders.
Heart based leadership is not difficult, but it is not a style that many of us learn as new managers. My coaching experience ranges from senior leaders at the executive level all the way down to top talent emerging leaders, and everything in between.
What is coaching?
Coaching is a relationship established between you and I based on mutual respect and understanding, established in trust and shared power which inspires you to maximize your personal and professional potential.
I understand the challenges you face with turnover, absenteeism, difficult employees, impossible schedules, lack of engagement, and low job satisfaction. Not only have I coached with hundreds of leaders, I have also been a leader. I can work with you to improve your relationships both with yourself and your employees to eliminate problems and make your team more cohesive and productive.
How does it work?
My coaching is primarily offered in one-on-one sessions. The number and duration of the sessions can vary based upon our agreement. I do not require a contract for a minimum length of time, but would suggest that you commit to a minimum of 3 months in order to make permanent changes.
I am happy to have a conversation with you to discuss your needs and how coaching might help you meet your goals. This conversation is complementary and without obligation on your part.
Here are some important things you should know about our coaching relationship…
- I believe in you – I don’t expect you to be perfect, but I expect you to bring your best effort. No matter what you think of yourself, I can always see the positive side of you – your gifts, your strengths, and your best self.
- I will listen to you – I trust that you are the expert on you. My job is not to give you answers, but to help you find your own answers. I will reflect back to you what I’m hearing. I listen with my head, my heart, and my intuition.
- I will be honest with you – You are not paying me to say what you want to hear. I will tell you the truth. I will do it gently, but directly.
- I will hold you accountable – I know that you are an adult and will treat you that way. I do, however, expect that you will do what you say you will do. If you don’t, we will work together to figure out what is stopping you.
- I will ask you to take action, and if necessary, to make changes – If you are coaching with me, then there are some things that are not currently working for you. We will work at your pace to gently move you out of your comfort zone into new and more productive behaviors.
Another important thing you need to know is that our coaching relationship is completely confidential. When you are my client, what we discuss stays between us. This is also true even when your company is paying my fee. I make it clear up front that if your manager wants to know how you are doing – he or she needs to discuss that with you.
Because I am a teacher at heart, my coaching is a combination of pure coaching and a little mentoring.
For more information on the differences between coaching, mentoring, and counseling, see my article – The Low Down on Coaching and What it Means to Your Bottom Line.