Top Ten Tips to Be More Allowing
- Learn to Love what is – The basis of the art of allowing is to learn to love what currently exists in your life. The problem for most of us is that we want things to be different from what they are and we beat ourselves up over it. It is absolutely OK to want something different, just stop suffering because what you want has not manifested yet. Try to find the blessing that exists in every event or situation. Remember that what you resist persists.
- Be present – Remember that the past does not exist. Although it seems very real for you, all you really have are the stories you tell about the past. You can choose to stop telling those stories. Likewise, the future does not exist. Sometimes we drag our stories from the past into the future. You might say – “I have never been able to loose weight. I’ve been on every diet, it is no use… I’ll never loose weight.” Remember that just because something was true for you in the past does not mean it will be true in the future… unless you tell yourself that it will. Remember the only thing that exists for you is right now, and in every right now you can make a new choice.
- Focus – Stay focused on what you want. Many of us do the opposite. We spend most of our time focused on what we DON’T want. It is also a common trap to become focused on what is NOT happening. Remember Flip Wilson’s character Geraldine on the TV show Laugh In? Every week she would put her hand on her hip, toss her hair, and say – “Honey, what you see is what you get!” I’m not sure she meant it in the same way but retrospectively, it was very profound because what you focus your attention on is what you manifest. Choose not to look at what you don’t want. That doesn’t mean it is not there… you just don’t have to stay focused on it.
- Unconditional Gratitude – The average person spends more time complaining than being grateful for what they have. It is amazing what we take for granted. Why would the Universe give you more when you don’t appreciate what you’ve already gotten? Using a gratitude journal is a good idea, but why not try really being aware of an awesome blessing immediately and feeling (even amplifying) the high vibration that comes with true gratitude in the moment that it occurs. Pay more attention to the blessings in your life as they are unfolding!
- Worthiness – One of the worst Spiritual epidemics of our time seems to be the feeling of unworthiness. I hear it all the time from clients. I’m not sure I’m good enough. I don’t feel worthy. Make a conscious decision to eliminate these thoughts and the corresponding self talk from your life. You are absolutely worthy of every good thing that comes to you. Learn to ask yourself – “What do I want right now?” Then do whatever you can to give yourself what you want. Ask for what you want with the positive expectation that you will get it. Once you begin to give yourself what you want, you will send the message to the Universe that YOU believe you are worthy. You will be amazed at how the Universe will respond in harmony with what you believe.
- Giving/ Kindness – We’ve been taught from an early age that giving is a blessing. Some of us have fallen into a habit of giving “in order to”. We give in order to get something back, we give in order to get recognition, and we give in order to pay some spiritual debt. Unfortunately, this type of giving does not raise your energy vibration. Learn to give from your heart with no other expectation than to create joy in your life and the lives of others. Visit www.thekindnesscure.org . People from around the world come together on this site to share ideas about random acts of kindness. It will not only give you ideas for things you could do, but it will give you an energy boost just reading the stories!
- Open to receiving – We have also been taught that it is “more blessed to give than to receive.” This is actually not true. Giving and receiving are both halves of a blessed cycle. For every person who wishes to be blessed by giving there must be a person blessed by receiving. The truth is that receiving is difficult for most of us. Before you get up every morning put this statement out into the Universe – “I am open to receiving any and every good thing you wish to bring me.” Then observe how you react when things start coming to you. Make a rule for yourself that you MUST accept everything that someone wants to give to you… unless it is truly something you don’t want. Will you let your friend buy your lunch? Will you accept a flower from a stranger? Our poor connection to our worthiness, combined with our belief that we should give rather than get makes most of us very poor receivers.
- Take Inspired action – My favorite verse in the Bible is Matthew 7:7 which tells us – “Ask and you shall receive, Seek and you shall find, Knock and the door will be opened to you.” When you ASK, you are putting your desire out to the Universe. When you SEEK, you are keeping your focus on what you want. For many people, this is where they stop. The last part of this verse tells us to KNOCK… which means that you should take inspired action. Once you have decided what it is you want, listen to your Spirit as you decide on the next appropriate step. Don’t get caught in having to know all the details… just take the first powerful step.
- Show up (Act as if) – When you want to manifest something into your life, begin to act as if that is already a reality. When my coaching clients come to me with their scary big dreams, we start by outlining what it would look like if they were already that. Then I ask them to take on BEING that a little every day. When you act as if something has already happened, you get the same emotional charge as if it were a reality.
- Believe – Have faith. For many of us this is the hardest part of manifesting. We constantly look for evidence that something is manifesting. But sometimes there is an interval where energy is moving but you do not yet see physical evidence. Like planting a garden in the spring… you trust that the vegetables are coming, even when you don’t see them yet. Go big if you can hold the energy, if not… temporarily back up to a level you can believe, and then move forward in increments.
Bonus Tip: Hang out with Positive People. Eliminate negative, toxic people from your life… or at least reduce your exposure to them. Try scheduling a “positive energy gathering” on a regular basis. Let everyone who is invited know that it is a “no complaint” zone. Have them leave their troubles on the doorstep; they can pick them back up on the way out!
© Stephanie McDilda